3. Practice your presentation
Stand in front of a mirror and practice giving your presentation. Work on perfecting these presentation skills:
- Be aware of your body language. Stand or sit up straight and use gestures appropriately.
- Speak with conviction as if you believe in what you are saying. Vary the tone of your voice.
- Use PowerPoint/Keynote slides to supplement, not distract from, your presentation. Do not torture the assessment team by putting long blocks of text on your slides. Use backgrounds, animations and transitions conservatively.
- Have good eye contact with the assessment team. The key is knowing your presentation well enough that you do not need to read off your notes or PowerPoint slides.
- Pause occasionally. Do not race through your presentation and leave the assessment team, as well as yourself, feeling out of breath.